August 13, 2014

Done.

It felt anticlimactic. I didn't cry, and I wanted to. I wanted a dramatic moment of completion with tears and hugs. Instead I focused on how my feet hurt (really badly), and I needed to find a bathroom (immediately).

"It's not about the destination. It's about the journey," Stephanie (USA) said. 

It's so true. I had many breakthrough moments on the journey. I cried a lot along the way. I faced my past, I forgave, and I moved on. It was huge. 

Emmanuel (France) said a few days ago, "There will be pain but there doesn't have to be suffering."

Heather (USA) said a few weeks ago, "I'll take the pain in my body so I can have healing in my soul."

I felt the pain, I felt the healing, and I found the spirit of the Camino. The Camino has given me so much. I'm a better person for it. 

I've said goodbyes before when I knew I would never ever see the other person again. This was different. I said my hasta luegos ("see you later's") fully knowing I will see my Camino family again. 

¡Buen Camino! Forever and always.