August 22, 2014

Small Moments

It's been two weeks since I finished the Camino. As I process and sort through the whole experience, I can't help but realize that the small moments were actually the big moments.

Like that time we spent three hours in a field admiring the beauty of Galicia...


We journaled, 


listened to music,


made wildflower crowns,


and invited friends to join us.


Most importantly, we lived in the moment and felt free of time constraints, free of routine, and free of hurrying to the next part of our lives. 


What about that time I was rushing to catch up to my friends and came upon a herd of sheep?

They were blocking the entire path,


but I managed to get around them eventually. 


I felt one with nature that day, and I was reminded to slow down and enjoy my present. 


Or that time I just wanted to drink beer after a hot day's walk. Others had the same idea and a pilgrim party emerged. We sat there for hours and engaged in meaningful fellowship and interesting conversation. 


If there's one thing the Camino taught me, it's to live in the moment and love the present, no matter how simple it is.