June 16, 2015

rebranding

what to say when you feel old and boring...

Can I go back to college? That's how my blog, Tex and the City, felt. I created the blog when I was 23 to chronicle my adventures gallivanting across Manhattan with my best cowgirls. Sex and the City = Tex and the City. See what I did there? You can reminiscence with me here.

{Better than the real DCC...at least to New Yorkers}


Tex and the City became irrelevant when I moved to Chicago and joined Teach For America. Different city, different people, different life. (Just Google "sexy Chicagoans" and you'll see that there are no Carrie Bradshaws in the Midwest.) My posts became increasingly more depressing and unfocused until I finally gave everybody a break and stopped writing altogether. You're welcome.

but, my passions...

For the past three years I taught in low-income neighborhoods in Chicago while concurrently going to school for a master's degree. I felt overwhelmed and busy. As a byproduct, I fell away from the things I loved so much when I started this blog in 2011. I like writing. And I think I'm good at it. I like photography. And I think I'm okay at it. I like cooking. And I'm working on it. Most of all, I LOVE traveling. And I think I'm fantastic at it! This re-branding is an attempt to mesh my younger, more creative self with my older, more logical self.

{woohoo!}

adventure + samurai = the adventurai 

What does it mean? To live fearlessly and independently. To never lose your sense of wonder. To fiercely follow your dreams. To be open-minded. To make things happen. To question. To love unbiasedly. To really listen and, maybe, gain a new perspective. To be spontaneous. To follow through.

Although I don't embody all of these qualities all of the time, I do on my best days. It makes me feel unstoppable. It makes me feel like an adventurai.

{obligatory introspective photo, Seville, Spain}

How do you mesh your younger and older selves? {comment below}

No comments:

Post a Comment