June 16, 2015

Wild by Cheryl Strayed

Personal anguish turned to triumph through a physical feat. Cheryl Strayed lost her mother to cancer and spiraled downward until the only place to go was up. Her up was hiking the Pacific Crest Trail {think west coast Appalachian Trail}. Through the seclusion of the wilderness, the people she met, and the extreme physical excursion of backpacking, she was healed. This story hit a personal cord with me as I've experienced the same fundamental thing. I lost my father to cancer and was healed by raising money for cancer research and riding my bicycle from Texas to Alaska in 2009 {think the longest annual charity bike ride in the world}. It's powerful.

Read while relaxing on the Williams' dock at Logan Martin Lake over MDW. Highly recommended.

"How wild it was, to let it be."

Have you had a Wild experience? {comment below}

No comments:

Post a Comment